I GOT THE JOB!!!
I start tomorrow night! I’m incredibly excited yet terrified because going to bartending school and actually bartending are two completely different things. But there’s no time like the present. This is the first place I applied and I don’t care. I’m just relieved I got the offer. Time to slut it up. I’m officially a bartender. LOLJK. Kind of.
I had an interview at a bar in Austin today. It went really well and they asked me to come back tomorrow night. This job is perfect because working nights will give me all day to practice and start recording. Keeping my fingers crossed! P. S. I learned how to make 35 new shooters today. Who’s coming over to help me practice [drink all of them]?!
It's never too late to try
I came across a yahoo article this morning about a Yale graduate who recently died. She wrote an essay for the Yale Daily News and this part really resonated with me, “What we have to remember is that we can still do anything. We can change our minds. We can start over. Get a post-bac or try writing for the first time. The notion that it’s too late to do anything is comical....
• I’m my most Mexican when stuck in traffic and my road rage kicks in. HIJO DE TU PINCHI PUTA MADRE!!!! • I’ve been driving to Austin everyday and the traffic makes me want to kill everyone. • I need cigarettes like I need to miss my period. (Don’t give me any!) • I’ve been Kimbra obsessed since I bought her album this weekend. • Today was my third morning in a...
Here you go anon. A little bit of Brahms for you.
I was offered a contract for one of the symphonies that I occasionally sub in. They have been calling me to fill in for two years but this time they offered me a permanent position. I was ecstatic until I realized I can’t take it because it’s a year contract and I’m moving in November. Goddammit. Every good thing that happens to me here makes it harder to walk away. But I have to...
Five Things Friday
1. I went the whole day without brushing my hair. GREAT SUCCESS. 2. Nothing like a beautiful proposal video to make you feel alone as fuck. 3. The Anchorman 2 trailer made me wet myself a little. I love Ron Burgundy? 4. It was 93 degrees today. It’s not even summer yet! I will not miss this hot weather. 5. I’m listening to Goyte on Pandora. His music is weird but I think I...
My arms are sore as fuck. Maybe I did weights in my sleep. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Or probably just the bartending. Ice buckets and bottles are heavy. I’M WEAKSAUCE. So is the word weaksauce. I need a new vocabulary.
I got in a huge fight with my roommate. It was such a stupid fight, but we’ve both been suppressing a lot and it spun out of control. I’ve been driving around for almost an hour because I don’t want to be home except there’s really nowhere I can go right now. I’ve slowly shut everyone out of my life. I don’t like this person I’ve become. I hate this place,...
• Roomie and I had a deep bonding session tonight. My phone was in the other room so she had my undivided attention. I don’t think this has happened ever. • Scotch scotch scotch. Hmm hmm hmm. Down my belly. • I’m trying celibacy so I can focus 100% on my grad school plans and actually moving to NY. It is not easy. I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH EVERYTHING. • I’ve been trying to...
• I went to the courthouse today and saw all the hot lawyer guys. I WANT ALL OF THEM. • Clarification: I want all the hot ones. • I am fighting the urge to dye my hair. • I found an old Creed album I had back in probably middle school. Then I cried in embarrassment. • I’m no longer eating after 8. • It’s after 8. Fuck. All I want is to eat a big fat [insert unhealthy food...
I took a nap and had a dream about a few of you beautiful motherfuckers. Y’all are pretty.
Recording an Album
Roomie and I are recording a violin album!!! I spoke to an old friend who is a producer at a recording studio and he’s offered to help us out. We’ve been meaning to do this for years now and never really got around to it, but now that we’re auditioning for graduate school it seemed like the perfect time to take the plunge. It’ll look great on our resume, grad school is...
My dad had my sister call me from her phone so he could talk to me because he didn’t think I’d answer his call. He’s probably right. My once great relationship with my parents has deteriorated since I graduated college and I realized I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. After a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, I finally know what I want, but I don’t think...
I'M MOVING TO ROCHESTER IN NOVEMBER!
I’M MOVING TO ROCHESTER IN NOVEMBER!
Just got back from taking my sister up to Austin. I dragged roomie with me so she could take over on the driving if I actually did die. She absolutely hates puke and I felt like I might at some point so it was really funny making faces and watching her squirm (I’m an asshole.) Now in laying on my bed debating if I should sleep my hangover off or force myself to practice because goddammit I...
Glen just serenaded me in a voicemail and I’m pretty fucking excited. Like my lady parts and shit. YOU CAN’T HAVE HIM HE’S ALL MINE!
Y’all in a year I’m going to be living on the east coast with all you beautiful motherfuckers! Fingers crossed it’s New York, Eastman or Juilliard to be exact. YAY! :)
Me: I’m in love with John Krasinski. I want to enter a polygamous relationship with him and his hot ass wife Emily Blunt. Roomie: And how are you going to do that? Me: By having sex with him. Roomie: And how are you going to do that? Me: By sitting on his dick. Roomie: Have fun being disappointed. Roomie is shitting all over my incredibly accurate, totally going to happen...
Celebrating that my sister just finished her last final. Probably should have had something to eat first. Drunk as fuck. P.S. Hi! :)
Y’all know more about my hopes, dreams, stress, fears, frustrations, and happiness than about 99% of people who know me. Which is crazy because you only know a small portion of what I chose to share about my life. And there’s the whole ‘we’ve never actually met’ thing. That is mind blowing to me. The Internet is crazy.
• I wish I was a little bit taller • I wish I was a baller. • Something something rabbit in a hat and a bat. • I am the epitome of woman driver. I’ve totaled two cars and I’m only 24. • I think it’s unfair black women monopolize the big ass market • I’m pissed I’m not white like my dad because then I could dye my hair blonde and not look like I’m for...
I looked at the Juilliard audition requirements today. I’ve been putting it off because I know it’s the hardest audition and I didn’t even know if I wanted to try, but go big or go home right? Even if I don’t get in, it’s one of my dream schools, I want to at least try. But the list of music I have to learn for that specific audition is crazy. I feel like I’m in...
I’m playing a wedding by myself today. I was hired for this a few weeks ago and I assumed I would be playing with other musicians because I’ve never played a wedding solo, but I got an e-mail two days ago letting me know it’s just me. I’m also playing 30 minutes of prelude while the guests are arriving and when I asked what he wanted me to play his reply was,...
Nothing beats the awkwardness of when a real life friends says, “Dang you have so many followers on twitter. You should follow Friday me” and all they have is foursquare check-ins…